Thursday, February 20, 2014

One cup yoghurt cake with passionfruit frosting


Cake doesn't get any easier that this. Everything is measured using the cup the yoghurt comes in, which means no measuring cups required and that means less washing up. I mean, you're only going to have to wash a bowl, people! This recipe is just all kinds of awesome. 


I was reminded of this cake while paging through my mom's old and tattered recipe book, which has so many gems in it - see this recipe for my Mother Williams' crumble. You can use any flavour yoghurt you desire so experiment with different flavours or whatever is seasonal. I chose passionfruit (or granadillas as we call them here in South Africa) because the bright purple orbs on my granadilla plant were finally ripe and ready! 

The yoghurt really gives it a lovely moist texture and throwing everything in a bowl and mixing? Well that just makes this cake a winner in my books! 


One-Cup Yoghurt cake with passionfruit frosting
Serves 10-12

1 tub (175g) passionfruit (granadilla) yoghurt
1 tub oil
2 tubs castor sugar
3 tubs self-raising flour
1 tub (3) eggs
few drops vanilla extract

ICING
1/2 tub passionfruit (granadilla) yoghurt
5 tubs icing sugar, sifted
Extra passionfruit (granadilla) pulp, for garnish

Preheat oven to 180C. Add all the ingredients into one bowl and beat well for 3 minutes. Pour into a greased ring or bundt cake tin and bake in the oven at 180C for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack.
Make the icing by stirring the yoghurt and icing sugar together to form a thick, spreadable consistency. Spread onto the cooled cake then decorate with passionfruit pulp.


Remember to hop on over to Facebook and like my page for recipes and sweet stuff. I also tweet about some cool things every now and then and Instagram my bakes (if I remember to snap them before I devour them!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment